Unforgiven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlock Discussions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Turiel

Turiel

Warlock Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Warlock Discussions   Warlock Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 am

Talent builds

Rotations

Theory crafting

Add-ons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Warlock Macros Which you may find useful.   Warlock Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Demonology Macros i use. (No rotation will be used here as it varies alot with procs).

Macro description - Removes "cannot cast yet spam text sounds" also uses your trinkets Meta cooldown at the same time as casting: saves you time and makes sure your cooldowns is on cooldown. (13 14 is trinkets). This macro i have "binded" to all my spells in order to make sure i'm not slacking on cooldowns whatever situation im in. The good thing with this macro is that it doesn't waste the Demonic empowerment cooldown as it requires a pet (Felguard/imp) to be cast.

Spells i use with this macro: Shadowbolt, Corruption, Immolate, Incinerate, Soul Fire

Same thing when you'd want to cast incinerate for example, there you just edit the last line in the macro to your desired spell, for example; /cast incinerate. As well as the first (#showtooltip *yourspell*),

Code:
#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/petattack
/use 13
/use 14
/cast [pet:Felguard] [pet] Demonic Empowerment
/cast Metamorphosis
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/cast Shadow Bolt

Destruction Macro in progress

This following destruction macro is just a rotation, meaning you'll have to handle all your cooldowns manually. It's meant for my destro spec (emp Imp 5/5 shadowbolt) and it makes sure the shadowbolt "dot" is up at all times as well as immolate for incinerate casts, conflagrate as soon as it's ready as well as chaos bolts. It's not completely finished as i have it times to my current haste, meaning you'll probably experience some delays in the macro if youre haste stacked. However, a rotation is something you customize for your own needs. See this as a start, a sort of help along the way for those who's new with rotation
How to play with this macro
This macro is a bit special as it includes Conflagrate which requires a dot to be cast. This macro will NOT work well without the conflagrate glyph. One thing you'll have to keep in mind is that if you target swap with this macro, the rotation is "ruined" and you'll manually have to cast certain things to avoid delays. For example you may swap just when youre about to cast a conflagrate, then it might be a good idea to have immolate separately which you can start with at the new mob before continuing with the macro spamming (as well as putting an immolate before macro spamming incinerate).
My bindings while playing with this macro
1: Macro
2: shadowflame (if target is close and i have a conflagrate stuck in macro)
3: immolate
4: Shadowbolt (to get the 5% crit on the new mob)
5: Coe
C: Conflagrate ( You'll come to a situation when the macro is so far away from a conflagrate that you'll manually have to pop it if target swapping)

Macro Description
- A casting rotation which resets when the battle is over. Real simple "scripting" however the main focus with this macro is timing the spells right. The macro itself needs to be customized depending on your haste and spec. See this macro as the solid ground you are to build your house on.
Code:
Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat Shadow bolt, Curse of the elements, Chaos bolt, Immolate, Incinerate, conflagrate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, chaos bolt, immolate, conflagrate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, incinerate

Will return with a proper affliction rotation when i have investigated the spec further.

Addons which make your dpsing easier/moore efficient : Quartz custom cast bar, Powerauras (Features customizeable notifications about procs/dots running out, necrosis is a must for general spellhandling etc.

Just felt like filling up the extreme emptyness we call a class forum Wink

Last edited by Fusy on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warlock Discussions   Warlock Discussions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:36 am

Nice information i hope others Warlocks read it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlock Discussions   Warlock Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlock Discussions
Page 1 of 1