Unforgiven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

<Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mixolydi

<Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire Empty
PostSubject: <Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire   <Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:38 am

1. Your age: 23

2. How fluent are you in written and spoken English ?
Well I consider english my first language so I feel i have no problem communicating with anyone in a raid, and I can get my point across and understand tactics with little further clarification

3. Do you have a microphone and headset and are you able to speak on Ventrilo ?
Yes I've got a microphone and ventrilo but at the moment no headphones, but I can always get one as I always used to raid with one.

4. Your character name: Mixolydian

5. Your class: Mage

6. Your main spec and off spec(s):
I have 2 PVE specs, I'd consider arcane my main spec since I've raided in WotLk mostly as arcane but I'm equally adept as using fire for encounters if required, I also don't have any problem respeccing if an officer feels theres an advantage from certain talent points I'm always open to improving and tweaking my build to what suits the raid best even if it is 1 point, its worth 50g. Heres a link to my armory: eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Mixolydian

7. Do you have any other level 80 characters ? (armory links)
No I actually just play my mage, but I have some experience playing an elemental shaman and a boomkin/resto druid. I actually enjoy playing my mage and prefer to focus on the one character.

8. Do you have any resistance gear ?
No, but I've specced for 80 resistance as my flat resistance without any buffs and with the complete raid buffs I feel I handle myself pretty well in ICC, specifically encounters like Sindragosa, where I can take a high amount of unchained magic while not nerfing my dps output all that much

9. What were your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them ?
The guilds I've joined in WotLK have mainly been social and semi-casual. I was in a guild called Divine Heresy which had a good core of players, where I had a more tactical role in the guild, where I ran certain encounters that I had more familiarity with or had a good tactical understanding of. This was when ICC 25 was still fresh and the tactics were not that clear to most and we enjoyed some success up to around downing 7/12 and the officers felt out with each other and we disbanded. Later I joined Firelords, where I enjoyed more success in ICC 25 and downing the Lich King for the first time as a guild, but my final exams were around the corner and had to take a break to focus on graduation from university, unfortunately I was still a trialist at this stage and so was removed from the guild for inactivity. I've had alot of other things to focus on that came up after my exams such as moving house, visiting my family abroad, but now I feel I'm ready to come back to the game and enjoy the raiding atmosphere again. I am a reliable responsible player who has finally gotten alot more time on his hands now, and is committed to raiding 3 times a week whenever needed.

10. Previous PvE experience (Vanilla, TBC and WotLK).
I levelled up my mage during Vanilla, and had the misfortune of reaching 60 and the expansion TBC coming out, so I have no experience there. In TBC I was not into PVE yet, I felt PVP was more of a challenge and I dedicated most of my time to BG's and playing WG with my brother. In WotLK, I finally decided what the hell I'll give PVE a shot, when I got to end-game raiding, I Loved it and have been progressing since. My experience in WotLK is:
Naxxrammas 25 man Full clear
ToGC 10 - Insanity
ToGC 25 - 3/5
ICC 10 - 12/12
ICC 10 HM - 9/12
ICC 25 - 12/12

If my experience in earlier raids is lacking I feel I've made up for it in the later content and I feel Im compotent at dealing with this guilds progression expectations.

11. Describe, in your view, your role in the Guild / Raid.
Well, to top recount ofcourse! Seriously though, Its first of all to be a team player. No matter how good you are if you're selfish, flaming people, don't take advice well then you're not someone who will help the guild progress and enjoy it at the same time. I as a mage have to contribute to the DPS aspect of things and I feel I handle myself well, certain scenarios favour my mage and other don't but no matter what I try to stay alive and give healers an easy job if I can. I'll also take advice, listen well on vent and if needed will voice a suggestion that I feel may be helpful if we're stuck in a tough spot. I will always come prepared, flasks, enchants, brain.

12. Computer specifications (Hardware/Software), Internet-connection.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @2.50GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit OS
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Game resolution: 1920 x 1080 (wide)
Internet speed: 2Mb, a little slow but I tried getting a better ISP

13. What is your reason for choosing to join Unforgiven ?
Well I want to get back to raiding and have been trying to find a guild thats active and is eager to progress and as soon as I heard unforgiven playing on the homepage how could I not want to join? Razz

14. Is there anything you would like to add ?
I Hope I've covered as much as I can up to this point all I can say is I hope to be a valued member because I'm really an easy going person, not alot annoys me in raids I tend to find a silly wipe rather funny sometimes, I never flame, I try to help the person instead. I'll take advice and know when officers want to get their message across. I have good experience in ICC so less time would be spent explaining tactics and even less time to kill the bosses. I have Tailoring and Enchanting as professions so gladly will help if needed. If the guild is needing a nice mage for a 10 man group I'd be happy to join in the fun if I have the time.
I'm also not loot hungry and won't whine over silly things like that. All in all a more mature yet laid back kinda guy Smile If theres anything else needed for the application like a screenshot I'll be happy to post it.

15. Is there anyone in Unforgiven who can vouch for you? Actually in all honesty, most of my friends from my previous guild are in guilds now which are not open for mages, but it's ok Im always happy to make new friends here. I hope!

16. Have you read ALL the Guild Rules and are you willing to follow them ? Yeah follow it to the Tee, and I am happy with raiding those days no worries.
Back to top Go down

<Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire   <Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 am

I really enjoyed reading your application, wish we could clone you.

Whisper me, Turiel or Shîftycent in game for an invite.

Welcome to Unforgiven !
Back to top Go down

<Accepted> Mixolydian - Mage - Arcane/Fire
Page 1 of 1