Unforgiven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

<Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honeyy

<Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Empty
PostSubject: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:15 pm

1. Your age. 22

2. How fluent are you in written and spoken English ? fluent

3. Do you have a microphone and headset and are you able to speak on Ventrilo ? yes

4. Your character name. Honeyy

5. Your class. Death Knight

6. Your main spec and off spec(s) . Link to the armory profile (please be in your main spec gear when you log out). If the link doesn't work delete the "http://" part.

7. Do you have any other level 80 characters ? (armory links)

8. Do you have any resistance gear ? no, have not needed a resistance setup yet

9. What were your previous guilds and your reasons for leaving them ?

- Bad Omen (Dentarg, not as raider though)
- eHeroes
- Ripped in four weeks

10. Previous PvE experience (Vanilla, TBC and WotLK).

Have cleared basically every content in WoW so far, excluding vanilla Naxx and Sunwell. (ICC 25 man LK missing)
Look at my alts for achievements, mainly Knutschix on Blackrock and Hulkhogán for ICC25 HC achievements

11. Describe, in your view, your role in the Guild / Raid.

Basically the guild would be profiting of my experience. I have played many characters in terms of PvE and PvP (Shaman, Druid, Warrior, Deathknight, Hunter, Rogue, Priest). Additionally my desire for perfection is really helpfull when setting goals that have to be achieved. I am also someone that tends to come up with new ideas to improve a situation or when facing a problem.

12. Computer specifications (Hardware/Software), Internet-connection.

Up to date computer and 16 mbit connection.

13. What is your reason for choosing to join Unforgiven ?

I am looking for a PvE Guild for Cataclysm and the last months of WOTLK on my new main, my DK.

14. Is there anything you would like to add ?

For achievements and full experience, look at my two warriors and alts.

15. Is there anyone in Unforgiven who can vouch for you? (Name him/her).

I don't know anyone I am afraid

16. Have you read ALL the Guild Rules and are you willing to follow them ?

Yes, rules are something very important.
Back to top Go down
Honeyy

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Armory Links to alts, as the http thingy did not work out

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Smoochyx
eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=Knutschix
eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Xavius&cn=Hulkhog%C3%A1n
eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&cn=Raawrr
Back to top Go down
Accido

Accido

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:02 am

I am only an initiate so the words spoken from me is personally my own, and does not have anything to do with the guilds decision.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Honeyy (your armory link)

It is easy to see that you have made this application as fast as possible, that does not give the guild a nice first expression of you.

By the look on all your other characters, I can see that you like PvP, which is a good thing, some of the best PvE players I know have become better after playing PvP since they learn more about their class instead of only doing PvE. I feel the same way after doing PvP. So you are surely a skillful player.

Your gear is pretty low for trying to get into a hardcore raiding guild.
You have alot of strong characters but that doesn't mean you can get your weakest alt into a hardcore raiding guild, right after making it your main. You need the minimum standards of a raiding guild to join one, if you ask me. Else it would just look like you are trying to get into a good guild, making them carry you through raids and giving you gear.

Your primary professions are both gathering professions and that is almost worth nothing in a raiding guild. If you think I am wrong tell me.

Can't say anymore since I don't know much about the Death-Knight.

Good luck with your application

Kind Regards
Accido
Back to top Go down
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/accido/simple
Honeyy

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I do really get your point, but my application is mainly heading towards cataclysm.

I mean lets be honest, there will be a full item wipe in approximately 2 months time, which means that if you wanna focus on getting good players for the expansion you might have to prioritize between taking good skillfull player with bad gear instead of someone that got carried through to his gear level which will be unimportant in a few months time.

It even says in the 'about us' section that "We are constantly looking for exceptional players to fill our ranks." Exceptional players do not necessarily mean exceptional gear. I have years of experience in this game since the very first BETA, I have seen nearly all content and been a hardcore raider with multiple chars in classic and have been in one of the 10 man raids that killed Lich King 10 in the first weeks without the dmg buff if I remember correctly on Ravencrest (and we were all PvP players with mediocre gear, as you can see skill made up for the bad gear.) - 16/02/2010 . I do not want to brag, but I just want to make my point clear that good players make up for many things in this game.

You talk about minimum standards to get into a raiding guild - the minimum standards you can meet nowdays is to get the badgegear which I obviously did. Today everything is about gearscore and on Ravencrest it seems that without a gearscore of at least 5,700 you are not able to get into any raid at all (whyever that, 35 % dmg buff...)

To get back to your point - I see what you are trying to say with "carrying you through raids, giving you gear". I mean honestly, I could agree with you if we would not know when the expansion comes out, but lets face the fact that the gear that you have now will not help you much when expansion is out as I already mentioned.

To my professions, this is an alt, and my only character left on the server, I mean its obvious that I will not keep those if I plan to raid AND make this my main, but right now I do not have the ressources to level up a new profession from one day to the other.

I just hope that I have made a better impression now overall and that officers / leaders / members see that and think about my points and judge for themselves whether they are right or wrong.

Back to top Go down
Accido

Accido

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 pm

It is nice to see that you actually care about getting into the guild, this is something your application didn't tell at first expression.

The Gearscore thing you are telling me about... Well, if you knew me you would know that I hate that addon, or whatever it is, more than anything. I were actually also saying that I think you are a skillful player. Skills is worth much more than gear and there for I think you got potential, but as you said yourself, first in cataclysm.

I always make the officers decide whether or not a player joins the guild. I am just trying to make their job easier.

Good luck with your application.

Kind Regards
Accido
Back to top Go down
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/accido/simple
mixolydian

mixolydian

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 am

This discussion is healthy, and yes Accido is does make our job easier. I'd like it if you would drop me a whisper Honeyy on Mixolydian or Xavior for a further chat to clarify some of the fine details.

Mixo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)   <Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<Accepted> Honeyy - Deathknight (DPS)
Page 1 of 1