Unforgiven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunter Discussions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Turiel

Turiel

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:54 am

Talent builds

Rotations

Theory crafting

Add-ons
Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

FIRST! affraid

well to a more serious approach, i have a couple specs, rotations, builds and tips for my fellow hunters, will post it here, and will be updated when needed Smile

useful addons: Doom_CooldownPulse (shows you a big icon of your ability in the middle of your screen for a split second when its not on cd anymore)

MARKSMAN
This is the most common hunter build for hunters at high gear lvls, cause of the easy answer is that marksman and ARP scales alot better with weapons and gear obtained at high gears, though if you are not able to get softcap which is 735 ARP + Trink (or hardcap 100%) it is generally not worth it. so until you can reach those beutiful numbers i would go with stacking agility in Survival build until you obtain those pieces of equippment.

the genereal build in marksman you should have is this
that leaves 6 points 2 major glyphs and 1minior glyph, the last minior glyph is basically up to you, cause no other minior glyph really helps you in PVE raiding, the major glyphs you can pick is: Chimera shot + Killshot/AimedShot/Hunters Mark/SteadyShot
all of them helping out, i myself are using steady shot, but are considering going with hunters mark, as its allways nice with 1 hunter in the guild thath as improved hunters mark with spec and glyph.
the last 6 points is really up to you, pick hit if ur undercapped, pick steadyshot if you use alot of steady shot and if u have glyphed steady shot.

general rotation for this is start with Serpent sting and use > Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot > steady shots(until u dont got cooldown on chimera/aimed and use those when you can. and ofc as all hunter specs, use as much killshot as you can when you can.

SURVIVAL
Survival is the best "Starter"Build for hunters, you do not need that crazy gear to get some decent dps out of Survival build, in survival you stack agility, due to several talents boosting it aswell its a great choise,i would also enchant your 1hands with 26 agility each, but wearing 2hand just go for 110 AP.

THIS is the general build i was using myself, including them glyphs there. (NOTE That if you are wearing 2set bonus from tier 9 you might want to take 3 points out of Aspect of the hawk and into Improved stings in MM tree!!)
there are other builds around that provide replinishment to the raid (Mana regen) but mostly this is rarely needed, but a build like that would look something like THIS.

the rotation and prioirty of shots for survival spec is like this : you open with Serpent sting>use Explosive shot>Black arrow>aimed shot>steady shot, remember to allways put up a new serpent sting when it goes out, and a new black arrow when its not on cd anymore (And OFC as all hunters, use killshot when you can as a nr1 priority!!) priority list is below.
1. Kill Shot
2. Explosive Shot
3. Black Arrow
4. Serpent Sting
5. Aimed/Multi-Shot
6. Steady Shot

PETS
Generally you want a pet that can deal dps alongside yourself and at the same time bolster yours, the most outstanding SV and MM hunter pet atm would be the wolf, cause of hes generosity it gives you and him/herself 320 AP for 20seconds (40sec cd) thats alot of AP just from a pet, and since the wolf is a ferocity pet, you should spec it to deal maximum demage and with either charge or dash so it gets close to what its attacking faster, i usualy go for Dash, so i have some point to spend early on the talent tree, am sure there are a perfect pet build out there somewhere but its not needed tbh, your pet helps alot, though if you just follow the talents that purely increase damage your build should look something like THIS beastmaster hunters and pet talents will be found below on the Beastmaster section Smile

BEASTMASTER
YOU SHOULD NOT RAID IN BEASTMASTER BUILD, its fun but it gives out less dps then other specs.
but as i wanted to know how it worked out i tried it

WIll update post when i have the time Smile feel free for critic and replies Razz

Last edited by Ninea on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 am

Nice work
Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:24 am

Gotta love when that kill shot keeps critting 18k and above...
Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:24 pm

my record with killshot is probly 35k or something on marrowgar Wink
Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Hunter pets 4.0.1 Cata   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:08 am

Here is a little picture i found on the MMO-champion forums over what pets you would want to bring to a raid when patch 4.0.1 and cata hits Live. Seems like Hunters will be having 1 core buff per pet that they can give to the raid if a certain Class or specc is missing from the raid Comp. And hopefully BM specc will be viable in PvE again! who does not want to se a biiig red pet in a raid? Smile

Hunter Discussions Catape11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunter Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Discussions   Hunter Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunter Discussions
Page 1 of 1